I found a few things I didn’t know about computers… Maybe you didn’t either, here’s the list:
- The first computer mouse was invented by Doug Engelbart in around 1964 and was made of wood.
- 80% of all pictures on the internet are of naked women (well I maybe knew this one :P)
- The average computer user blinks 7 times a minute, less than half the normal rate of 20.
- The average 21 year old has spent 5,000 hours playing video games, has exchanged 250,000 e-mails, instant and text messages and has spent 10,000 hours on the mobile phone.
- While it took the radio 38 years, and the television a short 13 years, it took the World Wide Web only 4 years to reach 50 million users.
- Another name for a Microsoft Windows tutorial is ‘Crash Course’! (hahahaha!)
- The computer in your cell phone has more processing power than all the computers in the Apollo 11 Lunar Lander that put 2 men on the moon.
- Static electricity so mild that humans don’t even feel it can destroy computer circuitry. (told you so!)
- What does 50 G.B of storage really mean?It means we can stack 3 piles of
single spaced type written pages taller than the Eiffel tower and data to
support this information is about 50 gigabytes.
- When the cd was invented, it was decided that a cd should be long
enough to hold beethoven’s Ninth Symphony at any tempo which was
precisely 72 minutes.
- 128 bit SSL encryption is so strong that it would take much , much longer than the age of universe to crack a message encrypted using it.Even 20 years from now, if computers are a million times faster. it would still take longer than the age of the universe to crack it.
- On one of the world’s most popular shopping website eBay, there are transactions of approx. $680 per second.
- There are about five porn pages for every ‘normal’ web-page. (eerrhm..)
This should keep you going for a while!